Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day 10- Mt. Carmel

View from Mt. Carmel
Today I took a bus from Joppa to Mt. Carmel, about an hour and a half away. It was a beautiful ride along the coast of the Mediterranean Sea. Mt. Carmel lies on the passage way of the International Highway, Via Maris. This road that I traveled on today has had significant travel upon it. Mt. Carmel acted as a barrier for those trying to get through to the Jezreel Valley. As I climbed to the top of the mountain, I could see beautiful, lush green land and a sea of blue water. It was beautiful. The biggest thing to happen on Mt. Carmel Biblically is the challenge presented by Elijah. The challenge was against Baal and Elijah said, "You have abandoned the LORD's commands and have followed the Baals. Now summon the people from all over Israel to meet me on Mount Carmel" 1 Kings 18:18-19.

No comments:

Post a Comment